Sunday, January 1, 2012

Words I cherish...

My late husband had written these words just several weeks before his untimely death.  I find this to be so validating in light of all the crap I had to suffer through subsequent to his death.

"We're picking up so much debt paying for your sister's schools that we probably won’t be able to go on aliyah until we retire, IF we will be able to retire.  Rachel's a great wife, and people don't even realize it, but I do.  Her only real daughter lives in Israel and she hasn’t complained to me that we are taking these loans for your sister's schools that in our mind now precludes us from going on aliyah and her being with her daughter and me with my other kids."

1 comment:

  1. The best part of all this for me is that I am here, in Eretz Yisrael. My daughter, son-in-law and my (now TWO) grandsons, and I all live together! I was, at least, able to make aliyah. Retirement remains yet to be seen...

    ReplyDelete