Friday, July 1, 2011

Doing the Math (Just a mini-thought)

Ok, so we wandered in the desert for 40 years before we were allowed to enter Eretz Yisrael.  Well, that got me thinking.  I am going to be 52 very soon.  Specifically, the 8th of Elul, which falls on September 7th of this year.  Or, we could use my Gregorian birthdate of September 11 -- yes 9/11 is my birthday, folks!  

But back to the numbers.  I had a Bat Mitzvah at age 12.  Accordingly, at age 12, I became responsible for my own actions.  I became responsible to perform the mitzvot and would be judged by HaShem.  No longer were my parents responsible.  FORTY YEARS later -- I am making aliyah!  I am finally leaving my Midbar and entering Eretz Yisrael! 

I find this to be extremely appropriate, meaningful, and well...timely! 

That's all...

No comments:

Post a Comment