Monday, July 25, 2011

Party Girl, yep, that's me!

So, last night my brother, Rabbi Yosef Furman and sister-in-law, Yehudis (Joel and Jessica to me!) made a "Tzetchem L'Shalom", a "farewell" party for me at their home.  They invited all my friends in Baltimore and a good time was had by all.  It really was very nice.  Everything was done in blue and white, with a cake shaped like Israel, and Israeli food.  My nieces, Chaya Sara and Devorah made the sweet stuff -- CS made the cake and Devo made the blue and white cookies. Of course, someone said it looked like a "Shalom Zachar" or a "bris" - well, gee, thanks!   


There were felafel, pita, Israeli salad, pickles, olives, hot peppers, eggplant salad, cole slaw, techina, hummous, babaganoush, kibbeh, burekas, crudites, charif, tons of food, sodas, Israeli malt soda, and of course, scotch, bourbon, vodka and wine.  


Lot's of conversation, lots of hugs, kisses, and shared emotions. And jokes, laughter and smiles.  


And...my mother is ALSO making a party for me -- two in fact!!  One party will be for all the cousins and aunts and uncles and the other for all the friends in the NY/NJ area.   So, yeah, I am becoming a Party Girl.  I guess it's good for me to go off on a high note....

No comments:

Post a Comment